After collecting the images and the movies from the microscopes, you will need to process the data.
- relion - refinement of macromolecular structures by single-particle analysis of electron cryo-microscopy (cryo-EM) data
- invoke from command line as relion installed at /opt/relion/bin/relion
- coot - model building, refinement, and validation of macromolecular structures.
- installed as part of ccp4 at /opt/ccp4-7.0/bin/coot - invoke as coot from command line
- chimera - interactive visualization and analysis of molecular structures and related data, including density maps, trajectories, and sequence alignments
- invoke as chimera - installed at /usr/local/bin/chimera
- chimerax - molecular visualization program
- Isolde - chimerax plugin for building high quality macromolecular models into low to medium resolution experimental maps
- invode as chimerax - install isolde from toolbox. Installed from package ucsf-chimerax.
- CCP4 - integrated suite of programs that allows researchers to determine macromolecular structures by X-ray crystallography, includes coot
- Phenix - automated determination of molecular structures using X-ray crystallography and other methods
- Invoke from the command line - phenix - installed at /opt/phenix-1.18.1-3865/build/bin/phenix
For remote access to the computers, I recommend VNC for graphical access. For command line access, use ssh, and for long-running sessions, screen.