- Associate professor
- Interim Director – Future Water Research Institute
Room 3.31, New Engineering Building; UCT Upper Campus
- BSc (Chemistry), University of Cape Town 1984
- MSc (App Sci in Civ Eng), University of Cape Town, 2006
- PhD (Civil Engineering), University of Cape Town, 2013
Senior fellow of Water Institute of South Africa (SFWISA)
CIV4044S (Research project)
- APG4021F (Urban infrastructure)
- END5129S (Sustainable water management in Africa)
- Urban water management and service provision in a South African context.
- Sustainability assessment in water management.
- Integrated approaches geared towards sustainable urban development and water sensitive cities.
- Communities of practice and social learning related to water sensitive design.
Selected Research Projects:
- Project Leader for WRC Project K5/2413: Development and management of a Water Sensitive Design Community of Practice programme (2014-2022).
- Researcher for WRC Project K5/2526: Viability of urban stormwater ponds as water resources in Cape Town (2016-2019).
- Researcher for Royal Society International Collaboration award (with Coventry University): Determining the performance of large biofiltration cells in treating contaminated runoff from a slum settlement and its reuse for urban food production (2017-2021).
- Researcher for WRC Project K5/2801: Liveable neighbourhoods with water as foremost priority: Redesigning an existing neighbourhood using Water Sensitive Design (2018-2022).
- Project leader for DANIDA Fellowship Centre Window 2 project: Pathways to water resilient South African cities (2019-2022).
- Researcher for UKRI GCRF project, ‘Water & Fire: Enhancing capacity and reducing risk through 15 'Best Bets' for transformative adaptation with vulnerable residents on the Cape Flats’ (2019 to 2022)
- Researcher for UKRI GCRF project ‘Resilient benefits from water resources’ (2020 to 2022)
- Project leader for UCT Khusela Ikamva - Sustainable Campus Initiative (2021 to 2025)